"Our engagement shoot was really unforgettable in spite of the changes brought by the pandemic"
For engaged couple Carmelo Guino-o and Precious Mae Tacolod, their gowns and polos were packed and ready for their Siargao engagement shoot when the pandemic hit. “I was really excited because it’s our dream. We have been there twice before and we fell in love with Siargao’s beauty. I already contacted my suppliers and booked tickets going to the island because I was so excited. But when Covid hit, it seemed like all my dreams were shattered,” Pres says.
A beach photoshoot was their non-negotiable–Carlo is a surfer and Pres loves the beach as well. The couple also felt their numerous beach trips built and strengthened their relationship. So they relocated their shoot to Davao Oriental, a three-hour drive from their home city, Davao City.
“Our engagement shoot was really unforgettable in spite of the changes brought by the pandemic. It was really one of the best experiences with Carlo. We enjoyed every hour in nature, and I saw how Carlo enjoyed the shoot while surfing.”
Here’s their advice for couples planning their engagement shoot:
- As a couple, plan your theme together. It would be better if you find common ground in your chosen concept. It may be one of your hobbies or interests.
- Let your photographer and videographer know what you want. Inform them of your plan and provide them with explanations as to why you have chosen the concept.
- Book your suppliers in advance. Even during the pandemic, suppliers are still busy doing intimate weddings.
- Carefully plan your wardrobe. It’s better if both of your outfits match each other’s.
- Enjoy every minute with your partner and just be yourself in front of the camera.
Visit Themes & Motifs to get great deals discounts and finding the best suppliers in the country!
Here’s the engagement video of Carlo and Pres by Niño Solis Films.
Share this article with a couple planning their outdoor engagement shoot!
The Dream Team
Photography by Kent Lazarraga of Orange Studios | Shoot coordinator: Christian Paul Inte Villareal | Bouquet by Fleurs Du Jour - Imported Flowers Davao City and Arranged by Hacel Carmeli | Wardrobe by Amore Bridal | Makeup by MJ Mac | Hairstyle by Adonis